Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491)

About Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491)?

Visa (Subclass 491) is a Provisional visa for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia. Visa holder can live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia for 5 years from the date of the visa grant. Visa holder can apply for permanent residence, if eligible through the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) – which commences on 16 November 2022.

Basic Eligibility of Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491):

You must:

  • Be invited to apply
  • Nominated to apply by a state or territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative.
  • Aged under 45 years old
  • Your occupation should be on the relevant skilled occupation list.
  • Must have a valid suitable skills assessment for your occupation
  • Obtain at least 65 points to be invited to apply for this visa.
  • Meet the English requirements (Competent English)
  • Meet the health and character requirements of the Australian government.

Including family members on subclass 491 visa:

You can include members of the family unit with your visa application at the time of your application, before application decision have been made or as subsequent entrant after you have granted visa.

If the family members are in Australia, they must hold a substantive visa or a subclass 010 Bridging A visa, a subclass 020 Bridging B visa or a subclass 030 Bridging C visa (More). They might not be eligible for this visa if they have had a visa cancelled or refused while they were in Australia.

There is no age limit for the family members, but family members aged 18 years or older must either have functional English or should pay a Second VAC.

All family members aged 16 years and over accompanying you to Australia or not must meet the character requirements of the Australian government. Family members who is accompanying with you must also meet the health requirements if requested. family members not accompanying you to Australia might also need to meet our health requirement.

Contact Us

Blog posts